Formerly in-house employee benefits and executive compensation counsel at two Fortune 15 companies – one high-tech and the other old-line manufacturing – Jeannie has a full understanding of what clients need to evaluate risk and reach a practical solution within a dynamic environment.
Jeannie advises boards and compensation committees on executive compensation plans and committee governance. Her practice includes proxy and other SEC disclosures, and the tax, securities and other laws governing equity and bonus plans, employment and change-in-control agreements, executive aircraft usage and other fringe benefits. Jeannie negotiates employment, severance and change-in-control agreements. Jeannie also advises companies and plan fiduciaries on ERISA investment matters, as well as the multinational aspects of equity and employee benefit plans.
Prior to joining Ivins, Jeannie practiced in the Palo Alto office of an AmLaw 100 firm, where she advised early-stage companies going public on compliance with the SEC disclosure and other laws governing their equity plans and executive compensation programs.
Previously, Jeannie was Vice President and Associate General Counsel for Compensation and Benefits at Hewlett-Packard Company, where she supported the Compensation Committee of HP’s Board of Directors and was responsible for all equity, compensation and benefits matters, including the annual proxy, variable compensation programs and ERISA investment matters.
Jeannie has also held in-house positions at Northrop Grumman Corporation and The Boeing Company, and was a partner and head of the employee benefits practice of a firm in Portland, Maine. Jeannie began her legal career as a Staff Attorney in the Office of the Solicitor at the U.S. Department of Labor, in the division responsible for issuing ERISA regulations and advisory opinions.
Jeannie resides in Silicon Valley.
University of Wisconsin School of Law, 1984, J.D.
Brown University, 1980, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
Not admitted in, or practicing in, the District of Columbia
Memberships & Affiliations
Member, American Bar Association
News & Events
- Code Section 162(m) Planning Strategies | 01.25.2019
- Code Section 162(m) Grandfathering Rule Under TCJA | 01.25.2019
- Employee Benefits Alert: New Disability Claims Rules | 03.23.2018
- EB Newsletter: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- Benefits & Compensation Insider | 01.2020
- IPB Alert: Notice 2019-09 and Section 4960 | 04.02.2019
- Affordable Care Act Update | 10.18.2018
- Employee Benefits Update | 12.20.2017
- EB Update: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- Employee Benefits in Focus: The DOL Fiduciary Rule | 06.07.2016
- Employee Benefits in Focus: Wellness Plans | 05.25.2016