A former captain of the NCAA's Division One Hokies, nowadays Ken tackles weighty estate and gift tax issues for high net worth clients. In his down time, he enjoys playing flag football and traveling.
Ken focuses his practice on the estate and gift tax planning and compliance challenges faced by high net worth individuals and families.
Ken joined IPB from the IRS, where he worked as an attorney examiner in the Estate and Gift division. There he specialized in estate and gift transfer taxes, interpretation of wills and trusts, and assessment and valuation of business entities. As a result of his extensive experience auditing estate and gift tax returns, Ken has first-hand knowledge of which planning strategies are of paramount concern to the IRS. Clients find this insider perspective invaluable as they navigate the ever-changing tax laws.
Previously, Ken worked in-house at a Fortune 500 financial services firm analyzing complaints, developing legal strategies, defending enforcements and arbitrations, and responding to regulatory inquiries. He has also clerked at the FDIC and in the Office of Special Counsel.
Howard University School of Law, 2014, J.D.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, 2009, B.A.
Bar & Court Admissions
District of Columbia
Internal Revenue Service Attorney, Estate & Gift Taxes
News & Events
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 06.23.2020
- Retirement Account Planning Under the SECURE Act | 04.13.2020
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 02.2020
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 10.2019
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 06.2019
- IPB Alert: Notice 2019-09 and Section 4960 | 04.02.2019
- IPB Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 11.2018