Guide to the LB&I CampaignsPDF
Since January 31, 2017, the IRS’s Large Business & International (“LB&I”) Division has released a series of “campaigns” against perceived areas of tax non-compliance.
IPB has compiled the publicly available information about these campaigns. As of April 30, 2019, LB&I has announced 53 campaigns. The campaigns are intended to encourage higher levels of voluntary compliance through a variety of “treatment streams” other than audits. At the same time, LB&I will focus its audit resources on campaign issues.
The campaigns fall into the following categories:
- International Corporate Compliance (Outbound)
- International Corporate Compliance (Inbound)
- International Individual Compliance
- Partnerships and Their Partners
- S Corporations and Their Shareholders
- Specific Industries
- Other Transactions and Issues
- Internal IRS Projects
To learn more about IPB’s IRS tax controversy practice, please click here.