We devote a significant part of our practice to executive compensation.
Section 409A compliance. We advise clients (and other law firms) extensively on section 409A compliance. We have redesigned and redrafted many executive agreements, plans, and programs to comply with Section 409A’s complex rules. A particular area of proficiency is 409A plan corrections, and our attorneys have authored multiple chapters on this topic in the Section 409A Handbook, the seminal authority in this complicated area.
Equity plans. We routinely design and draft equity plans including SARs, stock options, and other incentive arrangements. We also obtain rulings on these issues and counsel clients on compliance-related issues under sections 83, 162(m) and 404.
Executive agreements. We advise senior executives, legal departments, and compensation committees on the terms of their executive employment contracts, severance agreements and parachute agreements.
News & Events
- IPB Attorneys Interviewed by Tax Notes on 162(m) | 12.20.2017
- EB Newsletter: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- IPB Attorneys Present TEI Employee Benefits Seminar | 11.03.2017
- TEI Conferences | 06.2017
- Kevin O'Brien Speaker at IBCN National Forum | 04.25.2017
- Robin Solomon Quoted on Educational Assistance Plans | 04.02.2016
- Robin Solomon Quoted Regarding Health Plan Benefits | 02.24.2016
- Robin Solomon Quoted in US News & World Report | 02.04.2016
- Employee Benefits Update | 12.20.2017
- EB Update: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- Employee Benefits Update | 09.2016
- IRS Post-DOMA Guidance: What Employers Should Do Now | 09.16.2013
- Taxing Clawbacks | 10.25.2010
- 409A Document Corrections Under Notice 2010-6 | 01.08.2010
- 5710. Nonqualified Deferred Compensation | 09.17.1990
- 5720. Golden Parachutes | 02.26.1990