An enthusiastic long-distance hiker, Laurie enjoys going the distance on behalf of our pension plan clients – whether it’s through protracted negotiations over a pension investment, an extended IRS audit or a complex fiduciary structure design.
During the past decade, as pension plan fiduciaries have faced an increasingly broad and novel range of investment opportunities, Laurie has advised some of the nation’s largest (and some of its smallest) pension funds on the ERISA and tax consequences of those investments. Laurie helps the firm's ERISA plan clients negotiate the structure of –alternative investment vehicles of all types, including onshore and offshore hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds, and group and bank collective trusts.
She also advises plan sponsors and other fiduciaries with respect to their fiduciary obligations and compliance procedures. While concentrating her practice primarily in the pension investment area, she has maintained her thorough understanding of all aspects of qualified and welfare plans.
University of Virginia School of Law, 1983, J.D.
- Order of the Coif
- Dillard Fellow, University of Virginia
College of William & Mary, 1974, A.B., cum laude
Bar & Court Admissions
District of Columbia
Memberships & Affiliations
Member, American Bar Association
News & Events
- Code Section 162(m) Planning Strategies | 01.25.2019
- Code Section 162(m) Grandfathering Rule Under TCJA | 01.25.2019
- Employee Benefits Alert: New Disability Claims Rules | 03.23.2018
- EB Newsletter: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- Benefits & Compensation Insider | 01.2020
- IPB Alert: Notice 2019-09 and Section 4960 | 04.02.2019
- Affordable Care Act Update | 10.18.2018
- Employee Benefits Update | 12.20.2017
- EB Update: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- Employee Benefits in Focus: The DOL Fiduciary Rule | 06.07.2016
- Employee Benefits in Focus: Wellness Plans | 05.25.2016
- Responding to a Data Breach in Your Health Plan | 02.12.2015
- IRS Post-DOMA Guidance: What Employers Should Do Now | 09.16.2013
- Now What? Employee Benefits After DOMA | 07.02.2013