A former competitive fencer, Jon focuses his practice on identifying cutting-edge solutions for clients moving forward in the post-tax reform landscape.
Jon focuses his practice on federal income tax issues facing businesses and individuals, as well as employee benefit and executive compensation issues.
He advises clients on the U.S. tax consequences of domestic, foreign and cross-border restructurings and transactions, and has particular experience with corporate and international tax issues. He has assisted clients with a wide range of topics, including: controlled foreign corporations (CFCs), global intangible low-taxed income (GILTI), subpart F income, section 245A, the base erosion and anti-abuse tax (BEAT), the foreign-derived intangible income (FDII) deduction, section 1031 like-kind exchanges, section 168(k), FIRPTA, the section 199A (QBI) deduction and worker classification.
Prior to joining the firm, Jon graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School, where he was a winner of the Williston Negotiation Competition and co-founded HLS Effective Altruism. He also served on the General Board of the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review and was active in the school’s Federal Tax Clinic.
Harvard Law School, 2016, J.D., magna cum laude
Yale University, 2012, B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Bar & Court Admissions
District of Columbia
News & Events
- Jon Holbrook Offers Tax Advice to Entrepreneurs | 10.23.2019
- Code Section 162(m) Planning Strategies | 01.25.2019
- Code Section 162(m) Grandfathering Rule Under TCJA | 01.25.2019
- Employee Benefits Alert: New Disability Claims Rules | 03.23.2018
- IPB Attorneys Teach Tax Strategies for Artists | 02.05.2018
- EB Newsletter: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 06.23.2020
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 02.2020
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 10.2019
- IPB Alert: Notice 2019-09 and Section 4960 | 04.02.2019
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 03.2019
- Affordable Care Act Update | 10.18.2018
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 08.2018
- IPB Tax, Trust & Estates Newsletter | 03.2018
- Employee Benefits Update | 12.20.2017
- EB Update: Tax Reform | 11.17.2017
- IPB Tax, Trusts & Estates Newsletter | 11.2017
- "The Case for Custom Target-Date Funds" | 08.2017